In 2015 I had posted AngelList salaries by location to benchmark differences between key hubs in the US and Europe. They have more recently added valuations by location. You can play around with the dashboard HERE.
The data is compiled based on the following methodology:
- All valuations are post–2010.
- Data is sourced from our done deals list, as well as featured startups with confirmed high quality investors.
- Does not include valuations over $10,000,000 or under $10,000.
- Does include caps for debt rounds.
- Don’t use this to choose a valuation.
- Keep in mind the difference between correlation and causation.
(Each bar below indicates a deal on the platform)
All the data with plenty of more filters is available here
(San Francisco is listed separately but average was the same)
New York City
Travis County (Austin)
(assume it goes from city to country due to # deals from non-US geos)
(For comparison Mumbai/Pune seem to be doing well relatively)